13 Nov 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2019
1. Live Broadcasting More and more users are consuming content via video. The instantaneous feedback of video makes this format so popular. From celebrities to your great uncle Sam, everyone has gone live on social media sharing real-time life moments.
2. Controversial Marketing From Nike to Oreo’s, brands have recently gotten involved in social debates. Using current trends to influence shoppers to consider your brand over another is big on social media. From hashtags to online disputes between brands (Wendy’s vs. Everyone) companies are creating personas online that customers are connecting with and protesting along side.
3. Marketing For The Micro-Moment Consumer behavior has changed forever. Today’s battle for hearts, minds and dollars is won in micro-moments. Micro-moments occur when people reflexively turn to a smartphone to act on a need to learn, do, discover, watch, or buy something. Our phones have trained us to expect brands to immediately deliver exactly what we’re looking for when we are looking. The successful brands on 2019 will be those that have a strategy for understanding and meeting consumers’ needs in these micro-moments.
4. Artificial Intelligence Sometimes called machine learning, AI is something that both inspires and worries some digital marketers. The fact that a machine could one do the work of humans has the potential to improve the way we do everyday task. Efficiency is a word that comes to mind when I think of the connection between AI and digital marketing. As the evolution of AI continues to become more prevalent, the adoption (or rejection) of such technologies could make or break digital marketers in 2019.
5. Voice Search Google Voice Search is a function that allows users to search the Web using Google through spoken voice commands rather than typing. Google Voice Search can be used on both desktop and mobile searches. As more and more people adopt these devices like Google Home mini and Alexa, the growth of voice search is immanent in 2019.